One of my favorite weeknight meals to make for the family are these amazing and easy White Chicken Enchiladas. These are very kid (and grown-up) friendly, not spicy, don’t let the chiles scare you! The best thing about this recipe is that it’s very easy to prep and assemble which makes it perfect for those busy weeknights.
To prepare the chicken for this recipe I like to throw it in the crock pot in the morning with about a cup of chicken broth and let it cook on high about 4 hours. Once the time is up it can easily be shredded with a fork or by throwing into a stand mixer.
White Chicken Enchilada Recipe
Easy white chicken enchiladas
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 by 13 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix together chicken and one half of cheese.
- Fill tortillas with chicken and cheese mixture and roll. Place in dish seam-down.
- In a small saucepan heat butter until melted.
- Add flour and whisk until blended.
- Cook one minute.
- Add broth and whisk again until smooth.
- Allow sauce to thicken and remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream and chiles.
- Pour mixture over the enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Broil an additional 5 minutes to brown the cheese.