Our family eats potatoes as a dinner side dish at least 2-3 times a week. Not only are potatoes an inexpensive option, but they can also be cooked in so many different kinds of ways so nobody gets bored! As our weather has been cooling down I’ve been making more comfort food type recipes and this Slow Cooker Au Gratin Potatoes recipe is the perfect example of comfort food if I’ve ever seen one! It’s easy to prep and made with gouda cheese for a rich, bold flavor.
I love this Potatoes Au Gratin recipe because, like most slow cooker recipes, it is easy to prep ahead of time. It’s excellent for serving when entertaining as well. Simply set it up hours before your guests arrive and it will be perfectly cooked at dinner time. It’s a hearty comfort food that works well with a variety of meat entrees as well! What are you waiting for? Grab your Crock Pot and try it out!
Slow Cooker Au Gratin Potatoes
Slow Cooker Au Gratin Potatoes made with gouda cheese-this is comfort food to the extreme, and such an easy recipe using the crock pot!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 4 large potatoes, cut in thin slices
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- pinch each salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick spray. (You’ll thank me for this at cleanup time!)
- Add potatoes, onion, and salt and pepper and stir to mix.
- In a small saucepan melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add flour whisking constantly for about 1 minute.
- Slowly add milk, continuing to whisk.
- Add cheeses and continue stirring until melted.
- Remove from heat and pour over potatoes.
- Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours. Serve warm.
Keywords: au gratin, potato
Here are a few other ways to serve potatoes that our family enjoys: