I don’t know about you but I really struggle with what to make for dinner some nights. Between the hectic afternoons and evenings during the school week with sports and clubs, plus coordinating everyone’s tastes AND trying to make something healthy to boot, it can be a little much. Because life can get crazy it’s nice to have those easy, go-to recipes that are easy to prepare, clean up and please the entire family. This Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetable Dinner is most definitely one of those meals.
To make this the easiest meal ever simply line the sheet pan with foil. Boom! Clean up is now down to 30 seconds! I like to add all my chopped veggies and sausage to a big bowl, add some oil and spices and give it a stir then pour out onto the pan. If you don’t want the extra bowl to clean you can easily do it all on the pan as well.
Another great thing about this meal is that you can customize it to your family’s tastes. Pick your favorite veggies, it all works. You can change up the spices too. I like to keep it simple and use a premixed spice like Mrs. Dash. Changing the veggies and spices is an easy way to make this meal a lot without anyone getting tired of it. I also use turkey sausage but you can use whatever your favorite is, again it’s super easy to customize!
Finally, one last tip. If you include potatoes like I do, be sure to chop them up small (I make mine less than about half an inch thick) so they cook through. Now, on to the recipe…
This easy sheet pan sausage and vegetable recipe is a fast, easy dinner recipe perfect for those busy weeknights. Healthy and filling!
- 5 red potatoes chopped 1/2 inch thick
- 1 lb fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 cups chopped peppers (about 2 large bell peppers)
- (2) 14 oz turkey kielbasas, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine all veggies and sausage in a large bowl. Pour over oil and toss to coat.
- Add seasoning and again toss to coat. Pour everything onto prepared pan and arrange in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve on its own or over rice.
Keywords: sausage, vegetable, sheet pan, one pan
You might also like these easy weeknight dinners: