I found out a friend was ill over the weekend and while she wouldn’t let me bring her dinner, I had to send something over!
I decided to make her these sweet and cheerful KoolAid cookies. My boys loved helping me with the colors and I’m hoping they bring a little smile to my friend when she receives them!
- 1⅔ cups Sugar
- 1¼ cups butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups of flour
- Kool-Aid in your choice of flavor(s)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixer cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add salt and baking soda.
- Add flour to butter mixture ½ cup at a time and mix well.
- If you would like more than flavor of cookies divide your dough into separate bowls now.
- I divided my dough into four equal portions and used one half packet of Kool-Aid per portion. If you are making only two colors you will use one packet of Kool-Aid per half, if you only want one color use two packets for the entire recipe.
- Mix Kool-Aid into dough until well blended and color is even.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool one minute before removing from pan.