We had rain on and off all day Saturday so what’s a girl to do stuck inside with three little boys and a hungry husband? Bake of course! Continuing with my Kentucky Derby theme, (I shared my mint julep recipe last week,) today I have an amazing recipe for Kentucky Derby Pie. If you haven’t heard of this delicious concoction, today is your lucky day. Kentucky Derby Pie is unbelievably easy to make and yields a delicious pie filled with pecans and chocolate. I’ve heard it called Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie also because the filling turns out a similar texture and flavor as a cookie. I dare you to take just one bite!
Kentucky Derby Pie
Kentucky Derby Pie is a classic dessert recipe that tastes like a Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie! An easy dessert recipe perfect for entertaining!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup pecan halves, plus additional for garnish if desired
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place pie shell on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl combine sugars and melted butter.
- Add eggs and vanilla and stir until uniform.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Fold in 1 cup of pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into pie shell. Add additional pecans for decoration if desired.
- Bake one hour or until middle is just set. Allow to cool on a rack one hour before slicing.
Keywords: kentucky, derby, pie, pecan
Have you tried this delicious pie recipe yet? Let me know in the comments below! I also always love hearing from you and learning what kinds of recipes you’d like to see in the future here on the blog so feel free to email me on my Contact Me Page as well!