I don’t know about you but I’m about tired of winter. Temperatures in the teens do not a make this Southern girl very happy and this DC weather shows no signs of letting up anytime soon! Just about the only thing I do like about winter is holing up at home with some tasty comfort food-which is just what I did last week when we got yet another snow (but luckily not as bad as the Snowpocalyse they predicted!) This Homestyle Chicken and Noodles recipe is one of my favorite comfort foods-and to tell the truth, I didn’t even share it with my family-I hid it away and savored it all by myself over the course of a couple of days! And don’t mistake this for Chicken Noodle soup-there’s no soup here-just thick, hearty goodness!
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 bag Reames frozen egg noodles
6 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1 bay leaf
4 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp milk
Combine chicken, broth, carrot, and spices in a large pot. Stir well and bring to a slow boil. Add noodles and cook for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low. In a small bowl combine butter, flour and milk until smooth. Add flour mixture to pot and stir well. Continue to heat additional 5 minutes to thicken. Serve immediately.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 bag Reames frozen egg noodles
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- Combine chicken, broth, carrot, and spices in a large pot.
- Stir well and bring to a slow boil.
- Add noodles and cook for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- In a small bowl combine butter, flour and milk until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to pot and stir well.
- Continue to heat additional 5 minutes to thicken.
- Serve immediately.
What is your favorite comfort food? (For another of my favorite comfort foods check out my Classic Homestyle Lasagna Recipe!)