A while back I mentioned that my mom had visited and brought with her all of her recipe books. They were jam packed with old family recipes. It was wonderful to sit and go through them, seeing the handwriting of my grandmother and great-grandmother who passed away years ago. As we were looking through the recipes we’d share stories and she helped me pick some favorites to share here on the blog. This Homemade Coconut Pie recipe was one she told me I just had to share. It was my great-grandmother’s favorite and once you try it, you’ll know why!
This is a super sweet pie that will satisfy any sweet tooth. It’s incredibly easy to make, no fancy ingredients required. You might even have everything you need on hand. You can make it with premade pie crust or make my easy 3 ingredient pie crust, either way, it will be delicious!
Homemade Coconut Pie
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups unsweetened coconut
- 9″ premade pie crust or homemade pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine egg yolks, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Stir in coconut. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Keeps for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Keywords: coconut, pie
I hope you enjoy this pie as much as our family does! Here are some other favorite family recipes I’ve shared in the past: