White Chicken Enchilada Recipe
These rich and creamy White Chicken Enchiladas are an easy shredded chicken enchiladas recipe, covered in a simple sour cream and green chile sauce. They are easier than you think, making them a perfect weeknight meal!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Main
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 by 13 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix together chicken and one half of cheese.
- Fill tortillas with chicken and cheese mixture and roll. Place in dish seam-down.
- In a small saucepan heat butter until melted.
- Add flour and whisk until blended.
- Cook one minute.
- Add broth and whisk again until smooth.
- Allow sauce to thicken and remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream and chiles.
- Pour mixture over the enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Broil an additional 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
Keywords: chicken enchilada, white chicken enchilada, creamy chicken enchilada