Of course peaches are in season right now and I couldn’t resist whipping up some peach iced tea to share with you all!Print
This refreshing summer peach tea is easy to make and the perfect summer refreshment!
- 2 peaches, additional for garnish if desired
- 2 family size tea bags
- fresh mint
- sugar or simple syrup to taste (optional)
- In a glass measuring dish add two large tea bags to 2 cups of water and microwave 3 minutes. Allow to rest 5 additional minutes.
- Puree two peaches and strain through cheese cloth or fine mesh to remove pulp.
- Muddle mint leaves to release flavor and add to 1/2 gallon pitcher.
- Add 2 cups of ice, peach juice, hot tea and cold water to fill half gallon pitcher.
- Sweeten to taste with sugar or simple syrup if desired.
- Serve cold and garnished with mint and extra sliced peaches if desired.
I drink my tea unsweetened (family history of diabetes had me cutting out a lot of daily sugar years ago!) but if you prefer sweetened I’d start with 1/3 cup of sugar mixed with the hot tea and adjust to taste. You can use simple syrup too. If you want to try this recipe when peaches aren’t in season substitute 1/3 cup of peach nectar, found in the juice aisle of the grocery store.
Do you love flavored teas? What kind is your favorite?