These are different than your standard box-mix muffin-the batter is thick and dense and the crumble topping is amazing! They are not difficult to make but to get them to turn out perfectly you need to pay attention to the details. Be sure to follow the instructions to cook at a lower temperature for the first 15 minutes to achieve the bakery-style top on the muffin!Print
Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (can substitute frozen or dried)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients. Add to flour mixture and stir well-batter will be very thick! Gently fold in blueberries.
- In a small bowl mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and cinnamon. Cut in butter.
- Thoroughly spray muffin tin with nonstick spray. Fill six muffin cups to the top with batter. Cover with topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Raise oven temperature to 400 and bake additional 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool 15 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: blueberry, muffin
If you like these bakery style blueberry muffins you will love these other muffin recipes: