Sweet and Salty Snack Mix
This sweet and salty snack mix is the perfect addition to any gathering.
- Author: Melissa
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 32 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: none
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 6 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups salted cashew halves & pieces
- 2 cups roasted & salted almonds
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- salt to taste
- (2) 10.7 ounce packages M&M’S® Peanut Red, White, and Blue Candies
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rice cereal, pretzels, cashews, and almonds. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Allow mixture to boil for one minute then remove from heat for one additional minute.
- Pour butter mixture over snack mix and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Spread snack mix in a single layer on the baking sheets and allow to cool completely.
- Break mix apart as necessary and toss with M&M’S® Peanut Red, White, and Blue Candies.
- Store in an airtight container up to three days.
Keywords: sweet, salty, snack mix