This light and fluffy strawberry creme filled angel food cake is a classic dessert recipe that’s perfect for entertaining!
- 1 box angel food cake mix, prepared in angel food pan according to package directions (or one store-bought angel food cake)
- 15 1/2 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 container Cool Whip, full fat/sugar
- 1-pint strawberries, sliced plus more for garnish if desired
- In a medium bowl combine condensed milk, lemon juice, and almond extract and stir until blended. Fold in Cool Whip. Chill at least 10 minutes.
- Remove cooled angel food can from pan and turn upside down on a platter.
- Cut the top 1″ off cake and carefully set aside.
- Use a spoon to scoop out 1″ tunnel around the cake, reserving cake crumbs.
- Remove whipped mixture from refrigerator. Divide in half. In one half add crumbs from cake removed and fold in strawberries.
- Fill tunnel in cake with strawberry mixture.
- Replace top of cake and press gently. Top with remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.
This cake serves best if kept very cold.
Each serving is 10 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smart Points.
Keywords: strawberry, angel food, whipped cream