Strawberry Cake Recipe
This homemade Strawberry Cake recipe is light and fluffy, the perfect compliment to the sweet berries. It is also a perfect recipe for using overripe fruit that might otherwise be wasted.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, plus extra for pan
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter an 8-inch baking dish or springform pan.
- In a mixer combine butter and sugar and beat on medium speed 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, molasses, and milk and continue to mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to mixer a little at a time while mixing on low.
- Pour batter in prepared baking dish.
- Top batter with the strawberries, tapping lightly to set into batter.
- Sprinkle with tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 and continue to bake an additional 60 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack, serve warm or cool.
Keywords: strawberry, cake