Are you overflowing in strawberries yet this spring? We are and we’re loving it! I took my younger boys strawberry picking (did you see the pics on Facebook?) and we picked nine (!) pounds so I of course needed to make a one of our favorites-Strawberry Banana Bread with Vanilla Glaze!
This is just a slight variation on my favorite banana bread recipe but the vanilla glaze takes it over the top!Print
Strawberry Banana Bread with Vanilla Glaze
A refreshing take on standard banana bread with fresh strawberries and vanilla glaze.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- For the Glaze:
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mash ripe bananas with a potato masher or fork.
- Mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and mix well.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack. Top with glaze.
- To prepare glaze combine the powdered sugar, vanilla, and butter.
- Slowly add milk, stirring until smooth. Extra milk can be added to thin.
- This is also great as muffins, just cook about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
So tell me, are you knee deep in strawberries too? What is your favorite strawberry recipe, we’d love to try yours so leave a link in the comments!