I first posted this recipe for Strawberry Banana Bread in 2013 and it has been a family favorite ever since. Our family always has both strawberries and bananas in the house so it’s in pretty regular rotation. I try to keep some sort of homemade bread or muffins in addition to fruit in the house all the time to help feed our three boys who have some pretty impressive appetites.
This Strawberry Banana Bread is very easy to make. It stirs up easily by hand, no mixer required. It tastes wonderful warm out of the oven and keeps for three days in an airtight container (although it rarely lasts that long at our house!) My husband likes to eat it warm with a little butter on it and I even let the kids have it for breakfast too!Print
This Strawberry Banana Bread recipe is very easy to make, ready in just one hour, and bakes up perfectly every time! A true family favorite recipe!
- 2 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mash ripe bananas with a potato masher or fork.
- Mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and mix well.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack. Keep in an airtight container up to three days.
For a pretty presentation, reserve some chopped strawberries and add on top of the bread after pouring batter in the pan. Tap strawberries gently into the batter before baking.
Keywords: strawberry, banana, bread
Here are some other banana and strawberry recipes you might enjoy:
- Strawberry Stuffed Angel Food Cake
- Chocolate Chip Strawberry Cake
- Walnut Banana Bread
- Banana Pudding Recipe
You might also enjoy these Chocolate Chip Banana Bars: