I’m about to go all Southern on y’all today. While I’m hovering dangerously close to the Mason Dixon at our current duty station, I have solid Southern roots-growing up between the Charleston, SC area and Southeastern Virginia. In my experience, everyone in my family has their own personal recipes for a few different things-the perfect sweet tea, pasta salad, and of course, potato salad. Today I’m sharing my own personal Southern Potato Salad recipe with you, one that I’ve used for over twenty years!
In my early years of freedom (that would be after high school, when I was learning to feed myself without my Mom and Grandma’s fantastic cooking) I did a whole lot of experimenting with recipes until I finally came up with my own version of our family classics. Today I’m sharing my favorite version of Southern Potato salad-it’s a huge hit with my family and tastes delicious warm or chilled! (Just to note I freakishly hate pickles so this is a relish-free version!)
Southern Potato Salad
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6
- 4 medium red potatoes, washed and cubed
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Dukes Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons regular mustard
- tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- Boil potatoes for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add diced eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, and Old Bay and mix with a potato masher until well blended.
- Serve immediately or chilled.
Please, please, please leave me a comment if you try this recipe-I’m so interested to know if this hits everyone else’s taste buds as perfectly as mine!
You might also like these Southern recipes: