This Spicy Sausage Pasta recipe is one of our favorites since we first shared it here in 2014! It is an easy one-pan meal that the entire family will love!
This Spicy Sausage Pasta recipe was originally published in March of 2014 and updated April 2019 with new pictures and updated nutrition information.
Do you know how you have one of those recipes you’ve been making so long you don’t even have to look at the cookbook anymore? This Spicy Sausage Pasta is one of those recipes for me-the perfect weeknight meal it can be cooked in one pan with minimal work.
I first tried this recipe after seeing it in an America’s Test Kitchen Cookbook many, many years ago. The original version was a bit heavy for me so I slimmed my version down with less cheese. It’s still packed with flavor and it can be made in just 30 minutes!
Spicy Sausage Pasta Ingredients
I slimmed down this Spicy Sausage Pasta recipe by using some flavorful but healthy ingredients. I start with Butterball Recipe Starters Polska Kielbasa Turkey Sausage. It is lower fat than regular sausages and tastes wonderful! (This is not a sponsored post, I’m just sharing what worked best for me!) I use Ro-Tel Mild tomatoes and green chiles to add in all the flavor too. These two ingredients make the recipe!
How to Make Spicy Sausage Pasta in One Pan
This is one of those treasured thirty minutes one pan meals I can’t get enough of! There is no need to boil the pasta separately so there is less clean up. Winning! I normally use farfalle (Italian for butterfly!) pasta in this but if you had penne or another type you can easily. If you do use another type of pasta, just be sure to adjust the simmer time to make sure not to over or undercook the pasta.Print
This one-pan Spicy Sausage Pasta is an easy thirty-minute meal the entire family will love!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 packages Butterball Recipe Starters Polska Kielbasa Turkey Sausage, sliced in 1/2″ pieces
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel Mild tomatoes and green chiles
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 14.5 oz box farfalle pasta
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook additional 3 minutes, stirring occassionally
- Add chicken broth, farfalle, tomatoes and chiles, and cream. Stir to blend.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook 20-25 minutes or until noodles are done.
- Garnish with chopped green onion.
- (Recipe adapted from The Best Simple Recipes)
Keywords: spicy, sausage, pasta
I also like to make this when we have guests because it’s so easy I don’t have to be stuck cooking all evening (just make sure your guests like spicy foods first!)
What are some of your favorite easy meals? Are you a spicy food fan?
You might also like these easy weeknight recipes: