Ah, turkey pot pie…this is one of those recipes that you really can’t go wrong with-I love to make this for a fast weeknight meal. My boys especially like when I make this easy turkey pot pie recipe in small ramekins so they each get their own personal pot pie!
There is absolutely nothing hard and fast about this recipe either. You can substitute any of your favorite veggies and it works with most “cream of..” soups as well so it’s a fun recipe to experiment with. To make it with leftovers simply chop or shred your leftover meat and heat in butter/oil mixture rather than the browning step in the recipe.Print
Shortcut Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
Pot pies don’t have to be tedious meals to prepare-this shortcut recipe is easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights!
- Prep Time: 18 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 43 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb turkey-chopped into 1″ pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 15 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 package (2 sheets) puff pastry
- Thaw puff pastry according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan heat butter and olive oil until sizzling.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring often until brown-about 6 minutes.
- Add poultry seasoning to turkey.
- Add milk, soup, vegetables, salt and pepper and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins or casserole dish.
- Cover dish(es) with puff pastry, overlapping edges one inch, use knife to cut “X” in middle of pastry.
- Bake 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
Sorry for the quickie post today-it’s been a busy week (we all have those from time to time, don’t we?)