My littlest one got his tonsils out last week and my mom came to stay with us to help out. While she was here we went through old family recipes and came upon this recipe for Sausage Cheddar Balls-we knew we had to make it part of this week’s Thanksgiving recipe bonanza since it’s been a family favorite at every Thanksgiving I had growing up! I can’t remember the last time I made these little balls of tastiness…they will definitely be making an appearance on my appetizer list for my own family this Thanksgiving for sure.
These are so easy because of the premade baking mix, see the video below for just how fast this recipe pulls together!
And if you want to see a party dish disappear fast, make these! They are seriously always the first plate to be empty!!
Just a quick note…I HIGHLY recommend shredding your own cheese for these. Pre-shredded cheese adds cellulose which can cause these to turn out dry (and for some IBS people like me, it can also upset your tummy so we always shred our own cheese here!)Print
Sausage Cheddar Balls
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 30 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups baking mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground sausage (I prefer hot!)
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two cookie sheets with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and blend with your hands until all baking mix is incorporated. If dry mix still remains in the bottom of the bowl add an extra tablespoon or two of milk until it is all incorporated.
- Roll mixture into 1″ balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
-Shred cheese yourself for best results, balls will turn out dry if using pre-shredded cheese due to added cellulose.
Keywords: sausage, cheese, balls
I hope you’re enjoying Thanksgiving week here on the blog, here are more Thanksgiving recipes & posts we’ve shared already:
And be sure to check out my Thanksgiving Planner Printable as well to help keep your holiday stress-free and organzed!