Please tell me you’re not tired of pumpkin recipes yet, because this one is sooo good! I’m a huge fan of dump cake. If you haven’t had the glorious privilege of hearing about dump cake yet let me explain-it’s basically an easy way to make a cobbler like dessert. You usually add a base layer of fruit, sprinkle cake mix over the top then pour butter over the cake mix and bake. It’s pretty much one of the easiest desserts in the world to make. No lie-I made dump cake almost weekly when pregnant with my oldest son, it was my big craving for that pregnancy!
I usually make mine with extra cherry fruit cocktail but this week I knew I wanted to try a pumpkin pie version and I’m so glad I did because it turned out amazing! I hope you try it and if you do please come back and let me know what you think!Print
Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake
This autumn twist on traditional dump cake cobbler adds a golden buttery crust over a pumpkin pie filling!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 5 oz can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 box golden butter or yellow cake mix
- 2 sticks of butter or margarine (1 cup) melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 by 11″ casserole dish.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients other than cake mix and butter.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour mixture in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture.
- Pour butter over cake mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes to allow pumpkin to set.
- Serve warm.