I’ve actually been sitting on this post for a few weeks now…you see I threw my oldest son a little Ninja themed birthday party at the beginning of the month and the colors were red and black. As one of the birthday party treats I whipped up this candied popcorn snack mix and not only was it a huge hit at the party, but I realized it would be the perfect thing to make for Valentine’s day too! (And I even made you some free printable Valentine’s Day tags to go along with it!)
This snack mix is the perfect mix of salty and sweet-popcorn, pretzels, chocolate, and marshmallows-you should have seen my boy’s eyes bugging out as we were making it, all of their very favorite foods in one snack! I hope you love it as much as our party guests did!Print
Valentine’s Chocolate Candied Popcorn
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 30
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 bags butter free popcorn (I used simply salted)
- 1 bag red vanilla flavored candy melts
- 1 bag dark chocolate candy melts
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 handfuls pretzel sticks
- 1 bag cherry flavored M&Ms
- 1/2 bag dark chocolate chips
- **Unless you have a VERY large bowl I suggest making this in two batches so you have room in the large bowl to mix the ingredients well.**
- Pop popcorn and remove all seeds.
- In a large bowl melt red candy melts according to package directions.
- Mix marshmallows, M&Ms, and pretzels into red candy and mix until coated.
- Add candy mixture to popcorn and mix well.
- Spread popcorn/candy mixture on baking sheet.
- Heat dark chocolate melts according to package instructions and drizzle over popcorn mixture.
- Place popcorn on tray into refrigerator for 30 minutes or until candy hardens.
- Break apart and serve!
For more popcorn goodness check out my girl Jacque over at The DIY Village, great minds think alike and she posted some Cinnamon Caramel Popcorn today too! (edited to add-my girl Kristen at Down Home Inspiration posted Chocolate Bacon Popcorn today too, ohmygoodness!!!)
Linking to Linkpartypalooza