To keep things real here, the Army gets it’s money’s worth of work out of my husband. Aside from deployments, he currently holds a very demanding position. Add to that the fact that we built our home about 40 minutes away from his work and, well, we don’t always see him a lot. Weekdays he’s out of the house before the rest of us wake up and if we’re lucky he walks in the door as the boys are going to bed (or more often than not we are going through the pre-bedtime meltdown-welcome home honey!)
We really try to cherish and make the most of those times we are together. One of our rituals on the weekend is to sneak off to the sitting room while the boys watch cartoons and enjoy a cup of coffee together. I rarely drink coffee during the week but love sitting down with a cup on the weekend with him. I like to try the seasonally flavored creamers and recently started drinking Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha and it inspired me to create this Peppermint Oreo Truffle recipe that turned out amazing (and super easy!)
Peppermint Oreo Truffles
Perfect for the holidays, these Peppermint Oreo truffles are easy to make and taste fantastic!
- Prep Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 48 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package OREO Cookies
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) White Chocolate Almond Bark
- 5 candy canes, crushed
- minutesCrush OREOs in a plastic bag
- Combined softened cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Roll cream cheese/cookie mixture into balls
- Melt chocolate in microwave
- Dip balls into melted chocolate using two forks and place on wax paper lined baking sheet, sprinkle immediately with crushed candy canes
- Chill for 1 hour
Do you love peppermint as much as I do? Have you tried it with your coffee? You can get more great holiday ideas from Coffeemate in the Live SoFab Holiday Digital Magazine!