Are y’all ready for this? Peanut Butter Cups. Chocolate Fudge. In a cake. An amazing, rich, gooey, lick the plate kind of cake!
Seriously, this cake is SOOOOO good its practically sinful!
I made this for my little guy’s second birthday last weekend and my boys loved it! My husband asked me to remove it from the house after a day because it’s just that irresistible and he kept eating it!
The best part is you don’t have to make it from scratch-ain’t nobody got time for that, right?
I use a box mix with a few special tweaks to make this insanely delectable cake! I made mine with two stacked 8″ round layers so I could get that extra layer of frosting in the middle. (It’s okay if you’re drooling by now!)
Try it and let me know what you think!
Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Cake
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Applesauce
- 1 8 oz bag unwrapped Reeces Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 Container Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- In an electric mixer beat together cake mix, egg, water, oil, and applesauce on medium speed for two minutes.
- Fold peanut butter cups into batter gently with spatula.
- Bake according to box directions or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Linking to Tasty Tuesdays