I’m willing to bet one or two of you out there has resolved to get in better shape or lose weight this New Year. Am I right?
I thought so!
Well, today is your lucky day because I’m going to share with you a sweet, chocolatey treat that WON’T throw you off track! I started making these brownies years ago when trying to lose weight after my second baby and they are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without expanding your waistline!
Low Calorie Chocolate Chip Brownies!
A low calorie, decadent chocolate treat!
- Yield: 16
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coffee (room temp)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8″ square pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer cream together sugar and butter at medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Add egg, egg whites, vanilla, and coffee.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add flour mixture and yogurt.
- Remove from mixer and stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle of pan comes out dry.
- Cool on wire rack and cut into 16 squares.
Recipe originally from Shape Magazine
- Serving Size: 2" square
- Calories: 114
- Sodium: 61 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g