I’m willing to bet one or two of you out there has resolved to get in better shape or lose weight this New Year. Am I right?
I thought so!
Well, today is your lucky day because I’m going to share with you a sweet, chocolatey treat that WON’T throw you off track! I started making these brownies years ago when trying to lose weight after my second baby and they are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without expanding your waistline!
A low calorie, decadent chocolate treat!
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coffee (room temp)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8″ square pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer cream together sugar and butter at medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Add egg, egg whites, vanilla, and coffee.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add flour mixture and yogurt.
- Remove from mixer and stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle of pan comes out dry.
- Cool on wire rack and cut into 16 squares.
Recipe originally from Shape Magazine
- Serving Size: 2" square
- Calories: 114
- Sodium: 61 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g