- 1 package lemon Oreos
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 pint lemon ice cream, I used Limoncello Gelato
- 1/2 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cup whipped cream
- lemon for garnish if desired
- Remove lemon ice cream to counter to soften.
- Pulse Oreos in a food processor or blender until they are finely crumbed.
- Microwave butter for one minute or until melted in a medium bowl.
- Mix Oreo crumbs and melted butter until uniform.
- Press crumb mixture into a pie pan to form the crust.
- Layer lemon ice cream over crust to form the bottom layer of the pie.
- Place pie in freezer for one hour.
- Five minutes prior to removing pie from freezer remove vanilla ice cream from freezer to soften.
- Spread vanilla ice cream over the lemon ice cream to form the second layer of the pie.
- Again, replace in freezer for at least an hour to harden.
- Lastly spread the whipped cream over the ice cream layers.
- Garnish with lemon zest if desired and freeze for one hour before serving.