Oh man, is anyone else struggling to get back to low carb eating after the holidays? I am usually pretty self-controlled but once I give in to my sugar cravings I go on a downward spiral. It’s okay, all those holiday goodies are done now and I’m back to cooking normally. I try to eat keto and my husband does low carb while my kids eat everything. I love to make recipes where one meal works for everyone and this Bacon Ranch Crack Chicken is most definitely a winner! It’s even better because it can be made in the Instant Pot for a fast weeknight meal.
I actually wasn’t even planning on sharing this recipe on the blog but my husband insisted because its so delicious so I quickly snapped a few pictures as everyone was waiting at the table, so excuse that there are no in-process shots, I will take them the next time I whip up this delicious crack chicken recipe and update the post later.
I eat this Crack Chicken plain while my husband likes his over cauliflower rice. I serve it over regular rice for my three boys. It’s rich and flavorful and filling, everything good comfort food should be, so its perfect for cooler weather!Print
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe | Low Carb Keto Friendly
Crack Chicken is a deliciously cheesy, bacon, and ranch flavored combination that will become an instant favorite. Enjoy over rice, pasta, or on its own for a keto-friendly low carb comfort food!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 8 pieces thick cut bacon, chopped into 1” pieces
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 ounce packet of ranch seasoning
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- rice, pasta, or cauliflower rice for serving if desired
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode and cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from Instant Pot and remove grease.
- Return bacon to Instant Pot and add chicken, broth, and ranch seasoning. Stir to mix.
- Seal the Instant Pot and close the vent. Choose manual mode and set timer for 12 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes then vent the valve to release remaining steam.
- Shred chicken with two forks.
- Return the Instant Pot to Saute Mode and add cream cheese. Stir until melted.
- Serve over rice or pasta if desired and top with shredded cheese and green onion.
Keywords: crack chicken, ranch, bacon, instant pot
Here are a few more of my favorite Instant Pot Recipes: