This thick, hearty chicken and noodle recipe can’t be mistaken for soup-just pure, unadulterated comfort food at it’s best!
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 bag Reames frozen egg noodles
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- Combine chicken, broth, carrot, and spices in a large pot.
- Stir well and bring to a slow boil.
- Add noodles and cook for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- In a small bowl combine butter, flour and milk until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to pot and stir well.
- Continue to heat additional 5 minutes to thicken.
- Serve immediately.