I know, another recipe-I’m obsessed with fall baking! I actually had a fun DIY planned for today but I had one of those days yesterday where all three of my boys get crazy and I’m struggling for sanity…to cheer everyone up I made these super tasty homemade apple fritters-they are fast to make and the perfect fall dessert (or breakfast, or snack, or, well you get it!)
So you’ll get the fun DIY tomorrow but today I have just this short and sweet recipe!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup milk
- 2 small apples-diced
- vegetable oil for frying
- powdered sugar
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add egg, vanilla, butter and milk and mix until just blended.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Fry spoonfuls of batter in oil for approximately 30 seconds per side, removing with a slotted spoon.
- (Test fritters for doneness and adjust cooking time as necessary!)
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Aren’t they so easy?
Have you made fritters before? Do you have a favorite fritter recipe?