Brrrr…this time of year is the perfect weather for making this insanely satisfying chili and cornbread-and it’s a healthy recipe to boot! Full of protein, this chili fills you up. I like to start a batch first thing in the morning on the weekend and keep it warming through dinner so we can grab a bowl anytime we want!
I also love serving it with this fun take on regular cornbread-by adding a can of mexicorn you sneak in a little spice and texture to run of the mill boxed mix. I hope you all enjoy these recipes as much as our family does!Print
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, undrained
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can light red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can seasoned chili beans, undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 16 oz frozen corn
- 2 cup beef broth
- *If you choose to use a packaged chili seasoning you may omit the first 8 ingredients*
- In a large pan heat vegetable oil until hot
- Saute onions and beef until beef is browned and crumbled
- Add meat and onion to large crock pot
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and mix well
- Heat on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.
- Top with sour cream or shredded cheese if desired and serve with MexiCorn Mini Loaves.
- 15 ounce can Southwestern Corn with Peppers, undrained
- 1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 1 Large Egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease mini loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- Fill pan 1/2-2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes until golden brown.
Is it chilly enough for chili where you are? (Sorry, I couldn’t resist!)