Now that school is back in session the first thing on our agenda in the PTO was fundraising, and what better way to earn money for our schools (or church, charity, or military unit!) than bake sales! I love baking so any excuse to try a new recipe is good for me, and if it helps a cause near and dear to my heart all the better!
When I participate in bake sales I always do cookies or brownies-they are usually the most popular bake sale items and you can sell them individually or in small portions. I find people are much more likely to pay $2 for 3 cookies than $20 for an entire cake!
I also like to try new recipes that are a little outside oft he box-everybody loves chocolate chip cookies but what about Chocolate Mocha Chunk Cookies? Sounds intriguing, right?
Hazelnut Mocha Chip Cookies & Bake Sale Tips
- Prep Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Yield: 30
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Coffee Extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream together butter, hazelnut spread, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add in vanilla and eggs.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer and add in flour, cocoa powder, McCormick Coffee Extract, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough minimum one hour, preferably overnight.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough onto baking sheets and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.