This post is sponsored by The Hillshire Brands Company. All comments and opinions are my own.
We all have those recipes in our arsenals that we turn to any time we are entertaining. Those recipes that are impossible to mess up, easy to prepare ahead of time, and are always a crowd favorite. This, my friends, is one of those tried-and-true recipes. These Ham and Turkey Hawaiian Roll Sliders are seriously one of the most fail-proof party foods out there. They are easy to customize with your favorite meats and cheeses, and the best part is that you can get all of the prep done ahead of time, so they are no-stress!
The version of these sliders I made last weekend for a get-together were half and half. I combined the classic Swiss cheese with Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham on one side of my platter, while the other side was smoked gouda with Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast. Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is! These yummy sliders lasted all of thirty minutes once I brought them out for serving. As I said, they are a huge hit!
TheThe biggest key to making these Hawaiian sliders taste out of this world is to use high-quality ingredients. I ran to my local Walmart’s refrigerated section to grab my buns, cheeses and the Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Meats. They are truly like buying hand-carved meat from the butcher or carving from a rotisserie. Plus, they are all natural, contain no artificial ingredients or preservatives, and to top it off, they have no added nitrites or nitrates. It’s a win all around!
These Hawaiian Sliders must be prepped in advance for the best results. I like to double up on my Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Meat and cheese layers so they are super thick and hearty, and so the sliders don’t collapse once the butter mixture is poured over and they are baked. Nobody wants a soggy slider! After I prep the sliders, I then prepare the butter mixture. It takes less than five minutes to prep. Then I pour the mixture over the sliders and soak them in all that flavor-filled sauce! They should also sit in the refrigerator for at least three hours before being baked, but are even better if left overnight and cooked the second day after marinating. This time, let’s let all those flavors soak into the bread. It makes a world of difference over baking immediately.
After letting them sit, the sliders bake up in just 25 minutes. If you are entertaining, it is so easy to prep them the day before and then pop in the oven just before guests start arriving. And no worries about them getting cold as your party goes on. The great thing about these Hawaiian Roll Sliders is that they taste just as delicious cold as they do fresh out of the oven, so there’s no worrying about them not tasting good cold or leftover.
Come on! I mean look at that delicious carved meat and cheese! I know you’re wishing you could reach into your computer or phone right now and just take a bite!Print
Ham & Turkey Hawaiian Roll Sliders
These Hawaiian Roll Sliders are the perfect party food-easy to make, fail-proof, and best prepped the day before! Plus, they are always the hit of the party!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 18
- Category: appetizer
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 11-ounce package Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham
- 11-ounce package Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 18 Hawaiian rolls or potato rolls
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Carefully slice Hawaiian rolls in half and place bottom layer in a 9 by 13-inch casserole dish.
- Place a layer of ham on half of the rolls and turkey on the other half. Top the ham with the Swiss cheese and the turkey with the gouda, slightly overlapping the slices. Repeat the layers.
- Place the roll tops over the meat and cheese layers.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in mustard, Worcestershire, and onion powder and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture over the rolls. Use a pastry brush to make sure all bread surfaces are covered.
- Cover with foil and leave in the refrigerator at least three hours or overnight preferably.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place covered rolls in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Keywords: hawaiian, slider, roll, sweet roll, ham, swiss, turkey, gouda
Aren’t they just delicious?? Be sure to go right out and hop over to your Walmart’s packaged lunch meat section in the perimeter coolers and pick up your Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Meats and make these right away! The Hillshire Farm Premium Carved Meats come in Slow Roasted Seasoned Ham, Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, and Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Breast so there’s no limit to the flavor combinations for new slider varieties you can come up with!