Oh my sweet, sweet dark chocolate….how I love you so. And just like the Dark Chocolate Coconut S’mores Bars I shared just a couple of weeks ago, I got to baking with my DOVE® Dark Chocolate Promises last week and created yet another amazing treat to share with you all! And no lie-this may be my new favorite dessert! (Oh, and can I mention that I adore the cute quotes inside the DOVE® wrappers?)
I’m not a huge cake pop making person-they’ve always seemed more labor intensive than a dessert should be, but I recently adjusted my method and bit and these were much easier!
Dark Chocolate Cake Pops with DOVE Promises
Oh so indulgent dark chocolate cake pops will melt in your mouth and be the hit of any party!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- chocolate fudge cake mix and additional ingredients according to the box
- chocolate frosting
- DOVE® Dark Chocolate Promises
- lollipop/cake pop sticks
- Bake cake mix according to box directions and cool fully.
- Crumble cake finely in a large bowl.
- Add frosting until cake just barely sticks together-about 1/3 cup.
- Roll cake mixture into 1 1/2″ balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Microwave 3 DOVE® Promises in a small bowl 30 seconds at a time until melted.
- Dip pop sticks into melted chocolate and insert into cake balls.
- Freeze cake balls for at least 20 minutes.
- Use a grater to finely shave 5 DOVE® chocolates in a small dish.
- Microwave approximately 20 DOVE® chocolates in a deep glass 30 seconds at a time until melted, stirring often.
- Dip cake balls in melted chocolate, using a butter knife if necessary to smooth and distribute chocolate on cake ball.
- Immediately sprinkle shaved chocolate on cake pop.
- Set chocolates on parchment paper until set-you can freeze cake pops for faster setting.
Seriously-please go make these right now. My mouth is watering just writing this post and remembering how delicious they were!!
Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by DOVE® Dark Chocolate via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those my own (as always!!) and are not indicative of the opinions of Dove or Momtrends.