This is the ultimate in low carb comfort food. Let this creamy chicken and spinach keto soup keep you feeling full without extra carbs! Plus its made in the Instant Pot so it’s fast and easy to prepare.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 10 oz package frozen spinach
- 1–1.5 pounds thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute mode.
- Add butter and onion and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add spinach and stir. Cook about two minutes or until spinach begins to thaw.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. Stir to mix.
- Place top on Instant Pot and close vent.
- Set to Instant Pot to manual mode and timer to one hour. Allow to vent naturally for 30 minutes after cooking.
- Carefully remove lid. Use two forks to shred chicken.
- Return the Instant Pot to saute mode. Add cream and stir.
- Bring to a simmer and add xanthan gum. Stir simmering soup for about 5 minutes until thickened.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you are not on a low carb or keto meal plan you may replace xantham cum with cornstarch or another thickener of your choice.
Keywords: keto, creamy chicken, spinach, low carb, soup