Y’all, the Christmas treats did me in. I went on carb overload-there was no balance or moderation in sight! To let my poor body and tummy recover I’m back to eating low carb/keto and I already feel better. And since we’re in the middle of the polar vortex (which is really just a cold spell here in Georgia) I thought I’d indulge in a big batch of this Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Spinach Soup. This is a low carb, keto soup recipe that cooks up quickly and is oh-so-comforting.
As someone who is a massive soup fan, it has been my savior for having a fast and keto-friendly lunch ready in minutes. I just make a big batch of it on Monday and it is enough for the week! If you’re trying to limit your carbs but still want to feel full, this comfort food keto soup is the recipe for you!
Instant Pot Chicken and Spinach Soup – Low Carb & Keto Soup
This is the ultimate in low carb comfort food. Let this creamy chicken and spinach keto soup keep you feeling full without extra carbs! Plus its made in the Instant Pot so it’s fast and easy to prepare.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 8
- Category: soup
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 10 oz package frozen spinach
- 1-1.5 pounds thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute mode.
- Add butter and onion and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add spinach and stir. Cook about two minutes or until spinach begins to thaw.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. Stir to mix.
- Place top on Instant Pot and close vent.
- Set to Instant Pot to manual mode and timer to one hour. Allow to vent naturally for 30 minutes after cooking.
- Carefully remove lid. Use two forks to shred chicken.
- Return the Instant Pot to saute mode. Add cream and stir.
- Bring to a simmer and add xanthan gum. Stir simmering soup for about 5 minutes until thickened.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you are not on a low carb or keto meal plan you may replace xantham cum with cornstarch or another thickener of your choice.
Keywords: keto, creamy chicken, spinach, low carb, soup
If you like this recipe, you’ll also enjoy these other delicious low carb recipes the entire family will love!
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken | Low Carb Keto Friendly Weeknight Dinner
- Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole Recipe (eat without topping for keto-friendly meal)
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!