Christmas Crack is an easy to make Saltine Toffee Recipe that is a holiday tradition!
Lately I’ve been on a kick making some old school recipes that my Grandma used to make. Sometimes I get so caught up in trying new things I forgo the old classics that have stood the test of time for a reason. This yummy “Christmas Crack” recipe is one of those recipes. It’s a Saltine cracker toffee that you can change up and customize so many different ways-it always turns out amazing!
I love that you can whip this up in about 20 minutes, making it the perfect last-minute treat. You probably already have all the ingredients too! For the holidays I top this with Christmas sprinkles and M&Ms but you could also use chopped nuts or candies as well.
How to Make Christmas Crack
Christmas Crack (aka Saltine Toffee)
Christmas Crack is an easy to make Saltine cracker toffee that’s the perfect holiday recipe for gifting!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 24
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- about 40 Saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup M&Ms (optional)
- holiday sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Fill tray with crackers.
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat melt butter. Add brown sugar and heat to a boil, stirring continuously. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture over crackers and spread evenly. Place in oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- Immediately after removing from oven pour chocolate chips over toffee. Allow to sit two minutes then use a spatula to spread. Sprinkle with candy and sprinkles while chocolate is still hot. Chill to set.
Substitute candy and sprinkles with toppings of your choice to customize.
Keywords: christmas crack, saltine toffee
Did you make this recipe growing up? What are your favorite toppings?
You might also like these other fast holiday treats:
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!