Chocolate Chip Banana Cookie Bars are an easy way to use up overripe bananas. These delicious banana bars whip up quickly and easily and taste even better than banana bread. Make a batch of Chocolate Chip Banana Bars today!
I’ve mentioned before that I like to bake snacks for the kids at least once or twice a week. Not only does it allow me plenty of recipe testing for recipes for the blog, but baking treats from scratch also helps cut down on the grocery costs of feeding three growing boys! We also keep a lot of fruit for snacking so I inevitably end up with overripe bananas every couple of weeks, which is why there are so many banana recipes here on the blog too. These Chocolate Chip Banana Bars are a new favorite of my boys (and their neighborhood friends!) They’ve been begging me to make them every week since the first time, and a batch doesn’t last long.
I love this recipe because it’s so easy. No mixer required, just mash the bananas and stir by hand. I like to load them up with chocolate chips to make them extra indulgent as well. Each batch makes 24 chocolate chip banana bars, which don’t last long between my husband and three boys! If you aren’t feeding quite as big of a crowd, you can easily freeze them as well by cutting the bars and bagging separately.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
Chocolate Chip Banana Bars are a delicious way to use up overripe bananas! They come together quickly and bake in just 30 minutes for a sweet snack the entire family will love!
- 4 overripe bananas, peeled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 11.5 ounce bag chocolate chip baking morsels, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas well. Add oil, milk, egg, and vanilla and stir until blended.
- Add brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, and stir until uniform. Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Adapted from Butter with a Side of Bread
You might also like these banana recipes: