Cheesy Sausage Baked Penne
- Author: The Happier Homemaker
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- 12 oz pkg uncooked penne
- 16 oz pkgs Italian ground sausage
- 28 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 15 oz container reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp pesto (I like Bertolli the best)
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9 by 13″ casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat, drain.
- Combine sausage, pasta, tomatoes, tomato pasta, ricotta, and pesto in a large bowl.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish and top with mozzerella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake 35 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling.