Hello Happier Homemaker Friends!
My name is Gwyn. I am visiting from Sparkling Charm to share a light and refreshing dessert with you. This easy recipe is a crowd pleaser and a perfect end to a summer meal.
Let’s make Candied Lemon Pavlova with Fresh Whipped Cream.
Thank you for hosting me Melissa!
Sparkle! Sparkle! XX-gwyn
4 egg whites
1 cup powdered sugar
3 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 tablespoon lemon zest
1.Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
3. Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat until the mixture is glossy.
4. Spoon in the cornstarch and then add the vinegar and the lemon zest.
5. With a rubber spatula, fold these ingredients in slowly.
6. Pour the egg white mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Using the back of a spoon, spread the mixture in a circle making an 8-inch-round pile.
8. Place it in the pre-heated oven, then immediately bring down the temperature to 250°F, and bake for 1 hour.
9. Turn off the oven and allow pavlova to cool completely.
3 lemons, thinly sliced
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1. In a small pot, heat the water and the sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar.
2. Add the lemon slices and simmer until translucent, about 20 minutes.
3. Carefully remove the lemon slices with a slotted spoon and place them onto parchment paper.
4. Cool completely.
1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 vanilla bean
1. Using a hand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
2. Scape the vanilla seeds from the bean and fold into the cream gently.
Build the Candied Lemon Pavlova with Fresh Whipped Cream
Place the Pavlova on a pretty plate. Just before serving, top with vanilla cream and candied lemons.
There you have it! A delicious dessert. ENJOY!
PS I love to share recipes, multitudes of crafts, DIY projects, all kinds of happiness tips and tricks, favorite finds, fabulous product reviews, and sometimes a glimpse into my diary as an Army wife, Sparkling Moments in Time. You are cordially invited to come on over for a visit and join me on social media.
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!