This Blueberry Bread is a moist quick bread made extra special with a delicious cream cheese swirl. Its the perfect blueberry bread recipe for breakfast, served with coffee, or dessert!
- 8 oz cream cheese (do not get low fat or fat-free)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 6 oz blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan thoroughly with nonstick spray.
- In a stand mixer, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 egg. Mix on medium speed until uniform. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine butter and 3/4 cup sugar and mix at medium speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla and eggs mixing and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder. Add half of flour mixture to batter.
- Add milk to the batter to thin. Add remaining flour mixture and mix well. The batter will be thick.
- Remove batter from the mixer and gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon half of the batter into loaf pan. Top with cream cheese mixture and then add the remaining batter.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the batter and cream cheese mixture together.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Refrigerate bread and keep up to one week.
- Do not use low-fat cream cheese for this recipe, it will not turn out as good.
- This recipe can be made with frozen blueberries also, but fresh is preferred.
- Keep the cream cheese mixture in the fridge until you are ready to add it to the loaf pan to keep it from getting runny.
- The batter will be quite thick, this is okay!
- Add half of the thick blueberry bread batter to the pan and top with the cream cheese mixture, it is okay if the cream cheese mixture seems much thinner than the batter.
- After layering the batter and cream cheese mixture, hold a butter knife vertically in the loaf pan and swirl to mix together.
- For a prettier presentation, add a few blueberries to the top of the bread after swirling the cream cheese and batter together.
Keywords: blueberry bread