You guys, I have felt like a crazy person these past few weeks getting ready for our move. For some reason it hit me about two weeks ago that I couldn’t take much of my pantry inventory and I have been dead set determined to use as much of it up as possible. No lie-when I took the pictures of this Blueberry Cake I had THREE CAKES in my kitchen! I can’t eat three pieces of cake let alone three entire cakes!
For what it’s worth, this was my favorite of the three personally-it is very light and flavorful. Blueberries are my favorite so I love how many top this beauty. Plus there are no fancy-schmancy ingredients so if you have blueberries you can probably whip it up with what you already have at home-that’s the kind of recipe I love!
I hope you enjoy this cake!Print
Amazing Blueberry cake is sweet, moist and perfect for coffee or dessert, especially in the summer when berries are plentiful! Can be served hot or cool.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 70 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, plus extra for pan
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter an 8 inch baking dish.
- In a mixer combine butter and sugar and beat on medium speed 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, molasses, and milk and continue to mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to mixer a little at a time while mixing on low.
- Pour batter in prepared baking dish.
- Top batter with blueberries, tapping lightly to set into batter.
- Sprinkle with tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 and continue to bake an additional 60 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack, serve warm or cool.
Keywords: blueberry, cake
You might also enjoy these berry desserts: