Key Lime Pie
This traditional no bake key lime pie comines the perfect blend of sweetness and tart flavors that Key Lime Pie is known for! The perfect summer dessert!
- Author: The Happier Homemaker
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: none
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tbsp (about 1 packet) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp sugar, divided
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- graham cracker pie shell
- whipped cream (optional but highly recommended!)
- Dissolve the gelatin and lime juice over low heat in a small saucepan, set aside to cool.
- Beat egg yolks until a pale lemon color, then add 1/2 tbsp sugar and continue to mix until blended well.
- Add condensed milk and beat 2 minutes. In a separate bowl beat egg whites and 1/2 tbsp sugar until stiff.
- Fold together the two egg mixtures and lime mixture and pour into pie shell.
- Tap to release bubbles.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve chilled with whipped cream.
To avoid using raw eggs substitute pasteurized egg products instead. Use 3 tablespoons pasteurized egg whites for the egg whites and 1/2 cup pasteurized egg substitute for the yolks.