Nothing screams spring and summer quite like this delicious Berry Pound Cake made with blueberries and strawberries!
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter plus extra for pan
- 2 cups sugar plus extra for pan
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Generously butter a bundt pan and toss with sugar to coat.
- In a small bowl combine 2 3/4 cups flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer combine butter and sugar and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just blended.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time until blended. Batter will be very thick! Remove from mixer.
- Toss fruit in 1/4 cup of flour and gently fold into the batter.
- Spoon into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 70-80 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- To make the glaze: whip cream cheese in a mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and blend, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add vanilla and milk and continue to mix until smooth. Spoon over cake and serve.
- Can be frozen in an airtight container up to 2 months.