The holidays are the perfect time for me to experiment with new recipes-there are tons of opportunities for entertaining and events to bring desserts to. Recently I created a new favorite when I combined two of my favorite desserts into one-Baklava Monkey Bread!
Does anyone else feel like a holiday meal just isn’t complete without Pillsbury® biscuits? My grandma always had them at our family gatherings-I used to love being the one to open the package and “pop” it! When I was shopping recently at Walmart and saw the biscuit display I had to grab a few to keep on hand and luckily I did because they make this monkey bread SO easy to throw together!
Doesn’t it looks delicious? So sweet and gooey!
Baklava Monkey Bread
This Baklava Monkey Bread combines the honey and walnut flavor of traditional Greek baklava with the ease and gooey goodness of Monkey Bread.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 6
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 package Pillsbury Grands® Flaky Biscuits, Butter Flavored
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously spray a bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Place cinnamon and sugar in a large plastic bag.
- Rip the biscuits into quarters and place into the bag.
- Shake the bag to thoroughly coat biscuit pieces.
- Layer the walnuts and biscuits pieces into the bundt pan.
- In a small saucepan combine butter, honey, and brown sugar.
- Heat over medium heat until uniform and frothy. Pour over the biscuits.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Invert onto serving plate and allow to cool 15 minutes BEFORE removing bundt pan-the honey makes this monkey bread very sticky, if you don’t invert it while it’s still hot you may have trouble getting it out of the pan, but if you remove the bundt before it’s cooled a bit the bread may fall apart! Serve while still warm.