Thick delicious chocolate chip cookies stuffed to the brim with semisweet chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a food processor, pulse oatmeal until finely ground.
- In a medium bowl combine oatmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix well. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer combine butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add molasses and eggs and continue to mix until combined.
- Switch speed to low and add flour mixture a little at a time until combined.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Refrigerate dough at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of dough and form into ball and place on ungreased cookie sheet at least 2″ apart.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to rack. Best when enjoyed warm.