It’s a beautiful thing in my house when we sit down to dinner and there’s complete silence because everyone is happily eating their meal. Those are the golden recipes that get tucked into a special spot in my cookbook stash. The recipes without fussing four year olds pushing away their plates or sassy 9 year olds explaining why a flake of parsley is so very offensive and necessitates boycotting the entire meal. Ahh, those silent dinners are the best! This, my friends, is one of those recipes. This Baked Penne Regate is a family friendly, easy to prepare, delicious weeknight meal!Print
Baked Penne Regate
This Baked Penne Regate is an easy weeknight dinner the entire family will enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lb penne, cooked and drained
- 24 oz marinara Sauce, divided
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, browned and drained
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine mozzarella, ricotta, the 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Stir until uniform.
- Pour noodles, half of marinara sauce, and sausage into a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Stir to mix.
- Top with cheese mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour over remaining marinara sauce and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Serve immediately.
Please let me know if you try the recipe! I love getting feedback from my readers!