Easy Baked Apples are the perfect autumn dessert recipe-apples topped with a fruit and nut-filled oatmeal crisp topping, perfect alone or with ice cream!
- 5 gala apples, cut in half and cored
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup melted unsalted butter
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carve a tablespoon out of the center of the apple and discard it.
- Flip the apple over and cut a small amount to create a flat surface.
- In a medium bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix it all together.
- Add three tablespoons of oatmeal mixture to the cavity and top of the apples.
- Place apples into a pan. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake apples for 25 minutes, then uncover for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Top with caramel sauce and ice cream, if desired.
Keywords: easy baked apples