This hearty Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole is a delicious comfort food recipe the entire family will love!
I’ve been in a massive comfort food mood lately. Probably because the temperatures have dipped into the 40s, which here in south Georgia definitely qualifies as winter weather! Earlier this week I made this Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole and realized I had never posted the recipe here on the blog. If you’re looking for an easy recipe that the entire family will love, this one’s for you!
I love this recipe for a few reasons. First, it is very easy to prep and pop in the oven. I don’t know about your house but around dinner time things seem to get chaotic here, so getting this ready, in the oven, and freeing up that hour before dinner is a big bonus for me. Secondly, my kids LOVE this recipe, my oldest is almost twelve and he spends the entire dinnertime telling me just how good it is, every bite gets me another compliment…its good for the ego! Finally, I love this recipe because I generally eat a keto diet and by not eating the hash browns (the kids fight over who gets mine) this casserole is very keto-friendly and definitely fills you up!
Ready to get cooking?Print
Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
This hearty Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole is the perfect comfort food recipe the entire family will love!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: casserole
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 16 oz package tater tots
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until golden brown. Drain and chop into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef and drain. Reduce heat to low. Return beef to pan and add garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Return bacon to pan and add cream cheese and shredded cheese, stirring until cheese is blended.
- Pour mixture into a 9 by 9 inch casserole dish.
- Top casserole with tater tots. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until tater tots are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: tater tots
Hungry yet? Here are some other comfort food I think you’ll love: