After I shared my Starbucks copycat Pumpkin Spice Latte recently and shared that I’m totally intimidated walking into a Starbucks I got a ton of messages and emails from readers that felt the same! I had a few people ask me if I knew a knockoff recipe for their famous Lemon Loaf. I sent my Starbucks-loving husband on a recon mission for me to get me some of this supposedly amazing Lemon Loaf and I have to admit-it was good.
And when I tasted it, I thought it also tasted amazingly FAMILIAR. I dug through my stash of old handwritten family recipes and found one for Lemon Bundt Cake that had been handed down to me. I whipped it up in loaf form and I swear to you-it’s the exact same-amazing lemon flavor, dense texture, and sweet lemon flavored icing.
Try it and let me know if you think it’s a perfect match like I do!!
- 1 box Golden Butter or Yellow Cake mix
- 1 5 oz box instant lemon pudding
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- juice of 3 lemons (~5-6 tbsp)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Juice of one lemon (~1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray pans with nonstick spray-2 loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans
- In a large bowl mix cake and pudding mixes.
- In another bowl mix eggs, oil, milk, lemon juice and sour cream until well blended.
- Add half of liquid mixture to dry ingredients and mix for 10 seconds.
- Add remaining liquid and stir until just blended-no more than 30 seconds.
- *DO NOT OVER STIR*
- Add batter to pans and bake for 25 minutes for mini loaves and 35 minutes for regular loaves. Toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf should come out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before cooling on wire rack.
- To make icing blend powdered cugar, heavy cream and lemon juice on high speed until smooth.
- Ice loaves and allow to set before serving.