I’m about to go all Southern on y’all today. While I’m hovering dangerously close to the Mason Dixon at our current duty station, I have solid Southern roots-growing up between the Charleston, SC area and Southeastern Virginia. In my experience everyone in my family has their own personal recipes for a few different things-the perfect sweet tea, pasta salad, and of course, potato salad.
In my early years of freedom (that would be after high school, when I was learning to feed myself without my Mom and Grandma’s fantastic cooking) I did a whole lot of experimenting with recipes until I finally came up with my own version of our family classics. Today I’m sharing my favorite version of Southern Potato salad-it’s a huge hit with my family and tastes delicious warm or chilled! (Just to note I freakishly hate pickles so this is a relish-free version!)
- 4 medium red potatoes, washed and cubed
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- ½ cup Dukes Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons regular mustard
- tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- Boil potatoes for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add diced eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, and Old Bay and mix with a potato masher until well blended.
- Serve immediately or chilled.
Please, please, please leave me a comment if you try this recipe-I’m so interested to know if this hits everyone else’s taste buds as perfectly as mine!