It’s that time again-back to school! While we had homeschooled our three boys for the past two years I’m excited to say that they are going back to school this year to a fantastic little primary school just down the road. With transitioning back schooling outside the home I’m gearing up my lunchbox packing ideas. My 8 year old doesn’t like sandwiches so I have to get creative with him, today I’m sharing some sandwich free lunchbox ideas that are always a hit!
Almost all of my kid’s lunches include one or both of their staples-Horizon Organic Chocolate Milk and Mozzarella Sticks-my kids live off these year round! We always grab them in the Natural Foods Section of our Harris Teeter.
I try to keep the lunchbox meals balanced but with a good variety of tasty and good for you foods. We are big hummus fans so packing it along with pita wedges, carrot “chips” and feta gives him a fun meal to dip. Chocolate milk and mixed berries finish it off!
Popcorn is a fun treat along with turkey wrapped mozzarella sticks, baby carrots and clementine oranges!
Wrapping a banana in a peanut butter lined tortilla is one of my own favorite snacks-and it works great for lunch boxes too!
Just add some jerky (my kids LOVE jerky) and a little salad along with mozzarella cheese and chocolate milk for a well-rounded meal.
Need more ideas?
- crescent rolls with Horizon Organic Cheese Stick and pepperoni baked inside
- meat and cheese tortilla rolls (ham, turkey, salami, roast beef)
- soup in a mini thermos
- sandwich round “pizzas”
- mini pancakes with hazelnut spread and fresh fruit
- quesadillas-cheese or cheese and meat/beans
- tuna or chicken salad and crackers
- ham cubes, cheese sticks, crackers and fruit
- cereal and milk with fruit
- pasta salad
- mini burrito bowls-rice, meat, black beans and cheese
- muffins with fruit and cheese
- pigs in a blanket with veggies and fruit
- leftover pizza
- egg muffins
- waffles cut into strips and syrup for dipping, with fruit and milk
- meatballs with pita bread and cheese cubes
- baked mac and cheese muffins
The possibilities are endless-who needs sandwiches with all those choices?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon, Silk, & So Delicious. The opinions and text are all mine.